1.01.2007

About John

I was raised in a rural California town in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. I grew up on acreage with some animals and worked in my families' construction buisiness for many years. I loved living near the Sierra Nevadas, because it meant close proximity to a lot of fun outdoor activities: camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, small boat sailing, swimming, rock climbing, repelling, 4x4 digging, and mountain biking. I earned a rank of Eagle Scout in BSA.

After graduating from a small public middle school, I went straight to college at the age of 14 and was able to graduate with a BS degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the age of 18. Soon afterwards, I served a two year mission in Lima, Peru for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Upon returning from my mission, I finished my Master's in Electrical Engineering, married Lora, and then completed a PhD in Electronic and Computer Engineering at Brigham Young University. I now work as a Process Integration Scientific Engineer Module Owner at a Utah electronics firm. My interests include cooking (there is an Alton Brown--of the Food Network noteriety--poster hanging in our kitchen), Taekwondo (I am black belt rank and a certified TKD referee), and hanging out with my family.

1 comment:

**********************************************************
For security reasons, we only publicly post comments that:

-Use the 'Name/URL' (without the URL) posting option under 'Comment as:'

-Do not contain surnames or links.

All other comments will still be read and enjoyed by us. Thank you!
**********************************************************