1.01.2007

About Lora

When I think of it all, I wonder how I can crowd all my joy into one short life.
-Elinor Pruitt Stewart

I grew up in Utah, but because of my father's profession (university professor), my family traveled a good deal. For months at a time we lived in Jerusalem, Israel; London, England; and Vienna, Austria. While living in these countries we visited many other interesting locations: Germany, Italy, France, Poland, Egypt, Ireland, the Czech Republic, etc. My family has also driven to the majority of the states within the United States, and flown to Hawaii. Due, in large part, to these travels, I have a deep love for travel, art, culture, and adventure. School has always been a love and passion of mine. I love to learn, and I love to make new friends.

College was an unforgettable experience for me. I made life-long friends, enjoyed many activities and adventures, learned many things, and traveled a bit. I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, and days after graduating moved out to California to teach first grade. Not only did I have a great teaching experience, but I also met John. We got married during my second year of teaching. I taught in the elementary grades (first, third, and fifth) for 5 years, until Maya came along. I am now a happy stay-at-home mom. Some of my interests include blogging, photography, scrapbooking, reading, and organizing. I have also recently taken some Italian classes to keep my brain in top form. Bene!

For more information, see some of my past blog entries:

No comments:

Post a Comment

**********************************************************
For security reasons, we only publicly post comments that:

-Use the 'Name/URL' (without the URL) posting option under 'Comment as:'

-Do not contain surnames or links.

All other comments will still be read and enjoyed by us. Thank you!
**********************************************************